- File a police report immediately.
Timely filing could determine whether or not you recover your property.
Provide a complete description of the items (including serial numbers).
- Contact the detective that works with the local pawn shops.
The reporting officer should be able to give you this information.
- Ask the detective to alert the pawn shops of your items.
- If the crime took place in another city, file a report with the local authorities there.
- Don't waste valuable time checking with each pawn shop individually.
Instead, check the various businesses that do not report to local law enforcement, including:
- Flea Mall / Flea Market
- Jewelry Stores
- eBay / craigslist.com
- Thrift Shops
- Second Hand Stores
- Collectibles and Antique Dealers
- Used Sporting Goods Stores
- Buy Only Stores
- Gold Party Buyers
- Gold & Silver Buyers
- Whole Jewelry Buyers
- Police - Property & Seizure Department
- Consignment Shops